Comment on page
Add API traffic to Akto using HAR file upload
Learn how to uplaod API traffic data from HAR file to Akto
Note that traffic from HAR File upload won't be automated like the native cloud connectors.
The HTTP Archive format, or HAR, is a
JSON-formatted archive file formatfor logging of a web browser's interaction with a site. The common extension for these files is
.har. You can use this method if you quickly want to try out Akto. Akto can process HAR (Http Archive) files and populate inventory from them.
- 1.Go to any website or application that you want to use to Discover APIs or test . Let's use https://juiceshop.akto.io for a demo.
- 2.Open the developer tools in Chrome and switch to the network tab.
- 3.Browse the website or your application to generate traffic, then right-click anywhere in the network and click on
save as har with content.Download HAR file
- 1.Create a new collection in API Inventory screen.
Create API Collection
- 2.Name the collection.
Name API Collection
- 3.Open the newly created API Collection.
- 4.Click on the Upload Har file button on the top right.
Har file upload in Akto
- 5.Select the HAR file from the file browser.
Select downloaded HAR
- 6.Click on the
Refreshicon on the top right.
- 7.You should be able to see APIs imported in your collection from the HAR file.
APIs from HAR file
1. What is the limit on the size of HAR file upload?
The maximum size you can upload to Akto is 25 mb.
2. What is a HAR file, and how can I generate one in Chrome or Firefox?
HAR stands for HTTP Archive, and it is a format used to capture and store network traffic data during a web browser session. To generate a HAR file in Chrome or Firefox:
Steps for Chrome:
Step 1: Open Chrome
Step2: Right-click on the page and select "Inspect" to open Developer Tools.
Step 3: Go to the "Network" tab. Perform the actions or interactions you want to capture (e.g., load a webpage).
Step 4: Right-click on the network activity list and choose "Save as HAR with Content."
Steps for Firefox:
Step 1: Open Firefox.
Step 2: Click on the
menuicon (three horizontal lines) and select
Web Developer > Network
Step 3: Perform the actions you want to capture.
Step 4: Click the
Exportbutton to save the captured data as a HAR file.
I uploaded 100 APIs, but I can only see 85 of them in the dashboard. Where are the missing APIs?
Akto processes and displays only APIs that have received a 2xx series status code in their HTTP responses. If an API request did not receive a 2xx status code (e.g., 3xx, 4xx, or 5xx), it may not appear in the dashboard.
There are multiple ways to request support from Akto. We are 24X7 available on the following: