Custom subdomain on Akto on AWS
Akto creates a load balancer for your akto dashboard. You can put this dashboard behind your organization's subdomain for easier access across teams. Moreover, adding SSL certificate make the dashboard more secure.
- 1.Navigate to AWS dashboard > EC2 > load balancers and select the akto dashboard load balancer.
- 2.Go to
Listeners and rulesand select the
- 3.Click on
- 4.Change protocol from
- 5.Add your SSL certificate to the listener.
- 6.Click on save changes. The protocol should be changed by this. To make it reachable by the load balancer we would edit its security group.
- 7.On the same page, click on security and click on the associated security group.
- 8.Click on edit inbound rules.
- 9.Change the type of protocol from HTTP to HTTPS and save the inbound rule of the security group.
- 10.You should now be able to access akto dashboard's load-balancer IP on HTTPS and it should give an invalid SSL certificate error, because the certificate belongs to your organization and would have been mapped to your organization's domain name.
- 1.Navigate to Route 53 on the AWS dashboard. Go to hosted zones.
- 2.Select the hosted zone in which you want to route akto dashboard and click on create record.
- 3.Select the record name as
aktoand record type as
A - Routes traffic to an IPv4 address and some AWS resources. Then toggle the alias button.
- 4.Select on
Application and classic load balancerin the endpoints menu.
- 5.Select the region in which the load balancer is deployed.
- 6.Choose akto dashboard's load balancer in the menu and click on
Now, you have added a custom subdomain and SSL certificate to your akto deployment on AWS.